[et_pb_section fb_built=”1″ _builder_version=”3.22.3″][et_pb_row _builder_version=”3.25″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat”][et_pb_column type=”4_4″ _builder_version=”3.25″ custom_padding=”|||” custom_padding__hover=”|||”][et_pb_text _builder_version=”4.0.3″ background_size=”initial” background_position=”top_left” background_repeat=”repeat” hover_enabled=”0″]
I’m totally pumped to finally be able to share with you all my newest project. DIY buffet shelves are actually a really easy project to tackle by yourself or with the help of someone else. First, we started with the local lumberyard and picked up some barnwood boards for our table and used the leftover lumber to make our shelves. I’ll link below the decor items, brackets, and the stain and sealant we used to complete this project.
You can have the Lumberyard cut your wood to specific sizes or if you have a table saw you can rip the board yourself. Next, stain the boards to your desired color and use two to three coats of sealant to protect the boards. Read the instructions completely and allow the correct dry time for each coat of stain and sealant. This project took me several days to complete. I used Minwax wood finish penetrating stain Early American number 230 and only used one coat. I wanted to match the beams on the ceiling so one coat was sufficient. I waited 24 hours before sanding the boards and applying my first coat of Minwax polycrylic protective finish in clear satin. I wanted a more Matte look on the shelves instead of a high-gloss, so I went with a polycrylic instead of a polyurethane. I then waited another two hours before sanding again and applying the second coat of polycrylic. Then I allowed 24 hours to dry before we hung the shelves.
Be sure to measure your shelves and draw markers on the wall before hanging. Next, my husband mounted the brackets to the boards and we measured out where we wanted the shelves to hang.
Then, we screwed the brackets to the wall and Wala… It’s that easy! Next, I used some of the dishes I already had and went shopping for some other pieces to complete this look.
After using what I had I took a trip to target to fill in the missing spots then a quick trip to the Home Depot to grab a couple house plants.
Below I have listed the links to the new pieces that I purchased and where you can buy them! Good luck and I hope you enjoyed this DIY project!
Be sure to share with me on Instagram your finished project to be featured in my stories at the @thefarmhouselife
[/et_pb_text][et_pb_image align_tablet=”center” align_phone=”” align_last_edited=”on|desktop” _builder_version=”3.23″][/et_pb_image][/et_pb_column][/et_pb_row][/et_pb_section]