Make your own creamy butternut squash soup with my vegan recipe, that is oh so good!
I have a confession to make… I’m kind of obsessed with making soups. Really any kind of soup especially in the fall/winter! What I really love as well is creamy veggie soups.
One of my kid’s favorites is butternut squash soup because it’s super creamy and savory with lots of goodness. We always make our creamy soups vegan because my youngest is lactose intolerant.
It is such an easy recipe and only requires a few ingredients, so it’s been a staple around here while we’re stuck at home.
Between my store order last week having a couple of butternut squashes in it and this week my Misfits Market order having one too – we’ll be stocked up on our soup supplies for a while.
If you’re interested in trying out Misfits Market – use code COOKWME-NT4CNC to get 25% off your first order. Check it out here!
There are two sizes to the boxes – large and small. You pick your size and how often you get shipments. It’s as easy as that. Organic fresh produce delivered right to your door!
Alright – back to that vegan soup recipe!
VEgan butternut squash soup Instructions
1. Preheat the oven to 400* F.
2. Place the whole butternut squash on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven until it’s soft and golden brown (about an hour). Put aside until it cools.
3. Peel, dice, and then boil the carrots to soften.
4. Make the “roux” to thicken the soup: Heat 1/4 cup olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. When the oil is hot, add 1/4 cup of flour until the flour is completely saturated. Then slowly add in 1-1/2 cups of the veggie stock and whisk frequently. Be sure to bring to a boil and then reduce heat. The roux will thicken on standing.
5. When cool, cut the butternut squash in half (the long way) and scoop out the seed to discard. Next, scoop out the meat and place in a high powered blender. You should have about 2 cups.
6. Drain and add in your cooked carrots, the rest of your veggie stock, roux, 1/4 cup of brown sugar and blend.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve!
check out the video below for a rundown of the whole recipe!
Be sure to grab the free printable below!
Want to shop basics?
As always pals ~ Thanks for reading!
Kori ~ from The Farmhouse Life